PSG Server – Installation guide
- Installation kit is an exe file: SRVMAN.EXE (https://www.psgsdk.com/downloads/psg20srvman.zip)
- Installs all needed components to run a PSG Application server
- Install a PSG local servers instances manager
- Does not install an PSG Application server, this is done using the “Server manager” (check DISTRIBUTION chapter)
- Install the “PSG Application server” – PSG server install package
- Default from downloads page of psgsdk.com
- Custom distribution (Application build)
- Check DISTRIBUTION chapter
- Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 2000 server or above
- Windows 2003/2008/2012 server.
- Fast hard drives for better performance and estimated 1-3Mb memory for each user.
PSG does not depend on specific hardware or software installation, except the operating system that should be MS. Windows.
Please check PSG Server documentation from www.psgsdk.com for more details. This document is a short installation guide.
- Server manager installation
Install PSG server prerequisites
i. SQLITE ODBC driver
ii. .NET framework – prerequisites
iii. .NET framework
PSG uses SQLITE to store its configuration data and services, it is required.
Please check the SQLite+TCC box as follow:
Installs a new desktop shortcut
After installation, the PSG Server Manager starts (please wait…):
Use “Install” to proper install a new PSG Application server instance. You can open the management console anytime later.
- Install a PSG Application server instance
Use the PSG management console.
A PSG Application server package is a ZIP file, it is recommended to be installed from the management console. Empty default servers are distributed from psgsdg.com, production servers are custom builds packages created by software developers of PSG Applications (check DISTRIBUTION chapter).
Chose the installation path ( a drive or a folder on your system )
Enter the new folder name, press ENTER to validate and NEXT …
Enter your new application server name (for management), press ENTER to validate and NEXT …
Chose the installation package (zip file) and press INSTALL
New server is installed, press CONFIG to configure the server/Start/Stop/ install the NT service.
- Configure and start the PSG application server
Use the PSG server management console, chose your server and press CONFIG.
Default password is ‘admin’ for user ‘Administrator’, this is used as default for servers distributed by psgsdk.com, check with your distributor for the actual server password.
First page to check and configure is SERVER page.
- Chose your server port
- Make sure your router can forward this port if you want to open the Server Application for other networks or Internet
- The server will open a second port for HELP application, the help port is <server port> minus ten (Ex: in this case serverport = 30200; helpport = 30190)
- Check the database connection string, PSG Application server will use this database
- Press “Set NT service” button to START/STOP/Manage the NT service for the server.
- Check the Ms. Windows Firewall and any other Firewall you may have installed and open the server ports to be used by others, depending on MS operating system there are different approaches; please check the firewall provider documentation.
- Some antivirus software may block applications ports, if you install into a standard office or home PC please check also this case.
- The new server can be tested using the PSG Client application or an Internet browser by typing: https://<your server address>:<your server port> ; the WEBROOT folder is used as WEB resource. When used with an Internet browser, please notice that the default installed certificate is self signed and will trigger a browser alert of “NOT AUTHORIZED CERTIFICATE”.
Please check PSG Server documentation from www.psgsdk.com for more details.
To distribute a ‘PSG Application server’ production or demo release please follow next steps:
- Prepare the server you want to distribute
- Have all modules installed in place
- Test the server, check all modules and features
- Configure users and passwords
- Stop the server you want to distribute
- Navigate to server installation path (Windows Explorer)
- Create a zip file from inside the installation folder (place where psg.exe is located)
- Remove the “xyntservice.ini” file if exist from archive.
- Cut the new ZIP file and paste to your storage location.
- This is a PSG Application server installation package, it should work right from the box with few settings like the database connection string on deployment server and other custom like open port or server properties, but will have all needed services and files in place.
Distribute your Application server with the PSG server manager.
The database server distribution should be treated separately depending on database used. PSG Application server can use any relational database server; installation of a database server is not subject to this material.